About the role
This pivotal position will be responsible for planning, creating, coordinating and implementing our marketing campaigns to
- Build category awareness – in social procurement, specifically social enterprise procurement
- Build brand awareness – of Social Traders and our role in social procurement in Australia
- Generate leads – for Social Traders certification (targeted to B2B social enterprises) and Business and Government memberships (procurement teams within business and government agencies)
- Engagement & retention of existing customers – in both segments (ST Certified and Business & Government members)
- Generate broader community engagement and advocacy – amongst key segments in philanthropy, state and federal government agencies
The Comms & Campaign Manager will implement campaigns across a number of mediums, including but not limited to print, email, social media, partner media and website. To be successful, you will have demonstrated experience working in digital and print format, be proactive in identifying new partner media channels and be comfortable managing multiple campaigns at any given time.
The Comms & Campaign Manager will work with others within the Marketing team to identify, create, execute and measure the effectiveness of all our marketing campaigns. You will work closely with the Head of Marketing, and the other members of the Marketing team to manage spend and schedules.
The Comms & Campaign Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage planning within Marketing, lead the planning around content development and campaigns and provide input into planning for other marketing activities such as events
- Develop content strategy, to support marketing campaigns and any external media opportunities with our PR agency
- Oversee the quality of content created by freelancers and agencies to ensure brand compliance (including tone of voice and key messages)
- Ensure content created is accurate, and where content showcases cases or stories derived from our ST certified social enterprises and/or Business and Government members, that the appropriate permissions and releases are obtained
- Manage the content generated and published through all owned and paid media channels, including but not limited to print, email, website, social media and partner channels
- Design and build marketing campaigns to achieve category and brand objectives
- Design and build marketing campaigns with the intent of generating leads and acquiring customers
- Design and build reporting metrics for all campaigns
- Identify and implement process improvements where necessary
- Provide input into the development of Social Traders Marketing Strategy, including the development and reporting of appropriate KPIs
- Meets budget and schedule requirements, as agreed with the Head of Marketing
The Comms & Campaign Manager Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or communication is a must
- A post-graduate qualification in marketing is desirable.
- More than 5 years’ experience in campaign management – including creating, managing and improving campaigns and associated results
- Critical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Exceptional project management and communications skills are essential
- The ability to manage multiple campaigns at any given time
The successful candidate will be
- A strategic thinker, with demonstrated experience in strategy development and planning,
- Results and outcomes focused, with the ability to focus on the key drivers of objectives and outcomes,
- A critical thinker, able to find innovative solutions to problems, and apply learnings from other sectors to challenges unique to Social Traders,
- Collaborative, able to work with others towards shared objectives, and
- Organised, with strong organisational and planning skills to manage multiple projects at any one time
About the organisation
We exist to enable social enterprises to grow their impact through social enterprise procurement. We do this by connecting social enterprises to trade opportunities with business and government buyers.
Since its inception in 2008, Social Traders has been a pioneer in the development of Australia’s social enterprise sector. In that time, we have worked with countless social enterprises – across different stages of maturity, and in areas as diverse as conducting an accelerator program, providing advisory/consulting support and funding options such as patient and seed funding.
A decade later (2018), in an effort to generate greater social impact and change, we took on the challenge to unlock the massive potential of social enterprise procurement.
With procurement in Australia currently valued at over $600 billion, we believe that buying from social enterprise represents the greatest untapped potential in generating positive, sustainable social impact and change. Business and government have the power to strengthen communities and help people, by simply making small changes to the way they buy.
To realise this once in a generation opportunity, Social Traders has been focused on working with business and government agencies to make changes to their procurement processes and connect social enterprises to new contract opportunities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Comms & Campaign Manager via Pro Bono Australia.