About the role
Concern Australia is seeking a passionate, driven and enthusiastic professional to lead our team to help raise the profile of Concern Australia and our six niche programs delivering positive outcomes for young people through education, housing/homelessness support and youth justice.
We are seeking a person who can develop our approach to deepen relationships with our donors and funding partners, seek out new funding opportunities and raise awareness of our work.
This is a flexible role (0.8-1.0 FTE) on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract (with an opportunity to extend) and can be based at either our Dandenong or Braybrook office.
As a senior leader, you will have experience in establishing strategy and achieving results working with donors, philanthropists and media.
With proven experience in a similar role, you will report directly to the CEO. Key elements of your role will include:
- Manage all branding, communications, media and marketing (internal and external)
- Liaise with individual donors, philanthropists and potential partners with a focus on generating funds through a strong connection of interests with our work in Education, Housing & Homelessness and Youth Justice
- Coordinate and lead fundraising campaigns, grants, tenders and engagement events to support programs and activities
- Engage partners with a focus on creating long-lasting relationships that realise shared value
- Supervise and support staff and volunteers
We are seeking someone who is passionate about creating positive outcomes for young people and children experiencing disadvantage in their local community.
- Degree or diploma in a communications/marketing/fundraising/media and public relations/philanthropy or lesser formal qualifications with experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy and its successful execution
- Experienced public speaker with well-developed oral and written communication/presentation skills that can be tailored for difference audiences
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office applications and experience in Sharepoint, CRM Database (Profiler), website and social media platforms
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, work independently in a multi-task environment
- Experience in producing management reports and a broad suite of communication material
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team
- Commitment to Concern Australia values
- A passion to support children and young people
About the organisation
Concern Australia works in partnership with young people and children (aged 5-21) to help create opportunities for them to enjoy full and meaningful lives. With a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, Concern Australia connects with 30,000 vulnerable young people and children Australia wide, through six innovative programs focusing on Education, Housing and Homelessness, and Justice.
How to apply for this role
Please apply in writing with a covering letter, addressing the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description, by 20 October, 2019.
Phone: 03 9470 2972
Please quote in application: Communication and Relationship Manager via Pro Bono Australia.