About the role
- Part time position 30.4 hours per week
- Maximum term role until June 2020
About the role
This position will provide quality casework support which identifies key client strengths, needs, resources available to meet those needs and the methods to assist the client to achieve meaningful change and self-agency. In this role you will support a caseload of clients across the Support for Trafficked Persons Program (STPP) and people seeking asylum. The role also includes providing emergency relief and financial assessments for vulnerable people seeking asylum who are not eligible for government supports.
As a complex case worker you will conduct holistic assessments of complex client strengths and needs using the Strengths and Needs Assessment Framework (SANAF), and other risk assessm ents (this can include complex mental health and child protection risk assessments) and develop and implement appropriate case plans and safety planning as well as referring clients to appropriate support services.
Additionally, you will represent Red Cross in forums and networks, and advocate on behalf of clients to improve client opportunities and outcomes using the humanitarian diplomacy approach.
What you will bring
- Extensive understanding of how to holistically assess complex client needs, including conducting risk assessments, and developing effective case plans and safety planning.
- Proven ability to identify service and manage complex cases within a context of competing priorities.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in interagency collaboration and the ability to negotiate, advocate and network with internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed skills and experience in a variety of client practice approaches and frameworks and maintaining accurate and up to date client records.
- A sound understanding of the social political issues and needs impacting migrants in transition (including people seeking asylum, trafficked people and people who have been forced into marriage).
- Demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds who have experienced grief, loss, torture, and trauma and who experience ongoing safety risks.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work that you do will help improve outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
About the organisation
Australian Red Cross is part of the worlds largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Complex Caseworker – MSP via Pro Bono Australia.