About the role
About the Position
Anglicare’s Mental Health & Wellbeing team work together delivering a range of services that support families, children and individuals and contribute to building stronger, more resilient communities. We provide services to clients and families, across a range of programs, who experience problems with alcohol and substance abuse or dependence, and are currently looking for a full time Counsellor – Alcohol & Other Drugs (Youth), to work across the West Moreton region.
Our Counsellors are responsible for the effective delivery and positive promotion of the Youth In Charge program to young people through the provision of assessments, group and individual counselling and case management. The role will be based in West Moreton with significant travel throughout the region, includes outreach services and will require some work outside of standard business hours.
With a strong background in the Mental Health sector, some of your skills and experience will include:
- A solid background in drug and alcohol counselling – specifically with families and young people
- Ability to administer and interpret outcomes-based assessments, and perform drug and alcohol assessments
- Facilitation of both group and individual counselling, and provision of support services using evidence based frameworks
- Proven abilities in intervention strategies, data collection methods, planning and goal development for youth
- A dedication to work collaboratively with internal and external agencies and groups to manage risk and provide the best outcomes possible
- Awareness of current legislative requirements and practice standards, and an interest in continuous improvement objectives
A highly effective communicator, you will engage quickly and effectively with a range of people, and bring these attributes:
- Maturity and emotional resilience with the ability to self-care effectively
- A calm, professional approach; able to use initiative & sound judgement in decision making
- Demonstrated organisational and self-management skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload whilst working within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and an understanding of group dynamics
- Flexibility and availability to work outside of normal business hours as required
Your official qualifications and certifications will include:
- A degree in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work or similar field
- Post graduate qualifications in Counselling, Domestic Violence, Mental Health or Substance Abuse interventions would be considered highly desirable
- Current National Police Certificate
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- Eligibility for, or current membership with AASW or similar professional association
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A chance to work close to home and make a difference in your local community
- The opportunity to join a highly regarded service operating in Queensland for over 25 years
- Strong management and leadership structure in a rewarding and safe workplace that promotes excellence
- Ongoing training and development to improve personal and professional skills
- The capacity to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Counsellor - Alcohol & Other Drugs via Pro Bono Australia.