About the role
GetUp is looking for a Creative Director to lead the organisation’s creative and brand strategy, take ownership over major creative products and output, and strengthen our presence on new media channels.
SCHADS Classification Level 6-8 salary range is $84,788.60 – $102,925.68 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a permanent position based in Sydney.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who is the Creative Team
GetUp’s Creative Team is a small, high performance team of designers and videographers. Creative staff support our campaigns with innovative and cut-through creative content – taking the lead on scripting and project managing TV ad productions, crafting bespoke UX journeys for key audiences, or building online storytelling content that rallies our progressive base.
Through eye-catching and engaging content, the Creative Team gives people important outlets to get the word out and make a difference on our campaigns.
The Creative Director will be responsible for:
- Devising and driving creative and brand strategy in accordance with team goals and organisational strategy;
- Overseeing and reviewing high quality creative campaign and brand collateral across all GetUp’s new media channels;
- Managing the production of major pieces of creative and brand collateral;
- Leading on collaborations with campaigners to generate creative content ideas and innovate new ways to incorporate them into campaigns;
- Overseeing creative team processes and forward planning;
- Building a strong team culture of experimentation, innovation, evaluation and learning;
- Managing creative staff to success, including setting and monitoring work outcomes.
You will be someone who is:
- Passionate about growing and strengthening a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on progressive issues;
- Deeply engaged in the new media landscape, always across the latest in digital and online best practice;
- Adept at thinking through how to communicate complex politics or policy through cut-through creative content;
- Understands key brand metrics and analytics, who thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven office environment;
- Capable of working autonomously on a range of varied tasks and projects, and takes the initiative doing whatever it takes to get the job done;
- A formidable manager who can coordinate a team to success, celebrate and evaluate.
You will have:
- Experience producing creative products that change hearts and minds;
- Experience designing and executing successful brand, new media and platform strategies.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in politics or the media cycle.
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
About the organisation
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists. Together, we do what it takes to have an extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, First Nations Justice and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Creative Director via Pro Bono Australia.