About the role
Director of Advice and Education
We’re seeking an experienced Director of Advice and Education with 8+ years’ experience in professional services or consulting.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the purpose of this role is to ensure the delivery of high-value, high-impact services in areas such as leadership, decision making and professional ethics. You will lead and manage a team of internal and external consultants and facilitators. You will be tasked with managing a busy portfolio of active projects whilst developing strategies for sustainable growth and diversification.
- Tertiary degree in philosophy, ethics, psychology, organisational change or other relevant field
- 8+ years in a leadership role within consulting, professional education or professional services
- Advanced qualitative and quantitative research skills and experience, including data collection and analysis
- Advanced knowledge of the key issues in ethics and organisations
- Advanced knowledge of professional learning and development
- Experience with not-for-profit organisations is an advantage
- Strong understanding of and affinity with the ethos of professional services
- A commitment to the purpose of The Ethics Centre
- Excellent project, time and people management skills
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Financial and technological literacy
- A willingness to make a strong contribution to a thriving and collaborative team culture
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Recruit, motivate and support a diverse team to develop and deliver premium services
- Contribute to public and industry discussions about the role of ethics, especially in business and the professions
- Lead and undertake consulting assignments from inception to completion
- Achieve budget outcomes and ensure commitments to clients are met
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team culture
- Oversight of our Ethi-call service
- Proposals and post-implementation reports
- Management of external suppliers
- Model the values and behaviours of The Ethics Centre
About the organisation
The Ethics Centre is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to bringing ethics to the centre of everyday life.
Our public events include the Festival of Dangerous Ideas and the IQ2 debate series. Our Advice and Education practice provides subject matter expertise to some of the largest corporations and professional organisations in Australia.
How to apply for this role
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please note that we will not consider applications unless they are accompanied by a one-page letter that addresses the selection criteria.
P:lease send your Resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close 5:00 pm Friday September 27 2019
Please quote in application: Director of Advice and Education via Pro Bono Australia.