About the role
Are you committed to bringing music education to every child?
That’s our mission and we’re looking for an experienced education expert to join us in achieving our goals.
Musica Viva in Schools (MVIS) has dedicated over 35 years bringing interactive, dynamic and culturally diverse groups to schools all over Australia. These transformative experiences are backed by extensive teaching resources and professional development opportunities.
We are seeking a new Director of Education to continue broadening our reach and deepening the impact of MVIS programs.
As Director of Education, you will be passionate about engaging teachers, schools, musicians, government, businesses and philanthropic stakeholders in MVIS programs from both an artistic and educational perspective. In close collaboration with your team, colleagues around the country and the artistic and executive leadership of the organisation, you will be committed to planning and delivering a high-quality, inclusive and accessible MVIS program whilst also exploring new and exciting education offerings aligned with current and emerging trends in education.
To be successful in this role you will be credited by colleagues and stakeholders as having the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of, and ability to persuasively express, the evidence base underpinning the impact of music education.
- Senior management experience in music education, particularly in program and/or policy design and implementation.
- Proven ability to successfully implement vision and business strategies from inception to conclusion including the capacity to effectively initiate, steer and implement change.
- A demonstrated understanding of business development and relationship management and the proven ability to increase community and brand awareness.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a diverse team including proven ability to provide meaningful feedback and coaching for success/improvement.
- Eligibility for a Working with Children check.
- A background or training in music (desirable).
About the organisation
Musica Viva is the largest presenter of chamber music in the world, a truly national company with offices in every Australian state and territory, reaching approximately 360,000 people directly every year.
Our story began in 1945 as a chamber music organisation focused on just one ensemble. Over the years we have evolved to embrace ensemble music of all styles and genres, presenting leading Australian and international artists to concert audiences and school students across the country.
Today, our activities embrace digital technologies to reach an even wider audience, and we are at the forefront of artist development – inspiring musicians and audiences alike in a shared passion for ensemble music of quality, diversity, challenge and joy.
to make Australia a more musical place
to create a national culture based on creativity and imagination which values the quality, diversity, challenge and joy of live chamber music
to enrich communities across Australia by making live chamber music accessible to everyone
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director of Education via Pro Bono Australia.