About the role
- High needs disability organisation
- Opportunity to work for one of the top non-for-profit organisations throughout Queensland and Northern New South Wales
- Rewarding environment with opportunities for learning and career growth
We are seeking Casual Disability Support Workers to support our customers at multiple services in Roma.
Our Disability Support Workers support our customers as they shape and improve their lives. They create opportunities, are champions of possibility and inspire partnerships of support that encourage every individual to realise the possibilities available to them.
As a Disability Support Worker at Multicap, you’ll experience a rewarding career where your skills and commitment will help people achieve incredible things, one small step at a time. The role can present challenges and it’s certainly not right for everyone… but those who embrace challenge gain the most reward form this vital work.
You’ll be supported and respected by an experienced team of people who share your passion, dedication and resilience. Multicap is proud to support people across Queensland and Northern New South Wales. While this means we are spread out, together we are always focused on putting our customers first. We are dedicated to showing people they can, when sometimes they’ve been told they can’t.
In supporting them out in the community, you’ll be providing opportunities to create friendships, connecting with others in the community and enhancing their social experiences.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to have:
- Certificate III in Disability, Individual Support OR
- Experience within the industry (eg. disability, mental health, aged care, individual support, community services or youth work etc.)
- Experience with challenging and complex behaviours (further training is provided)
- Experience working with people living with mental health, dual diagnosis, or acquired brain injuries
- Ability to work outside of school hours
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR, or willing to obtain one
- Current Drivers License (mandatory)
- Must have 24/7 availability
About the organisation
Operating for almost 60 years, Multicap is one of the most highly regarded disability service providers in Queensland and northern New South Wales offering individual and group activities, supported employment, short-term accommodation (respite), social support and much more. Our sole purpose is to ensure that the quality of life of people living with disability and their families is enhanced by our support.
At Multicap we believe everyone deserves to live life to the full. Our highly skilled and diverse team of over 900 skilled professionals are dedicated to helping our customers get the most out of life.
With each new home, social experience, activity, community hub and job, Multicap is an organisation that is here for our customers in all ways, always.
How to apply for this role
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to hold or be willing to obtain a positive notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card), Working with Children Check (Blue card) and in some circumstances National Criminal History check. You must also have NDIS Worker Orientation certificate completed and please login to https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au/ if you haven't obtained the certificate already.
The position will close on the 17 September 2019. Please ensure you attach a resume cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Multicap team!
To find out more visit www.multicap.org.au
Please quote in application: Disability Support Worker – Roma via Pro Bono Australia.