About the role
Darebin Council is a leader in Environmental Sustainability and Social Justice, and was the first Council to declare a Climate Emergency in 2017. Darebin recognises that we are in a state of climate emergency, and we need to restore a safe climate at emergency speed, in order to avoid dramatic and negative impacts on our community and around the world.
Darebin developed its Climate Emergency Plan in 2017 which sets out the actions that council is taking to drastically reduce emissions, increase energy efficiency and mobilise our community on this issue.
What you will be doing
You will project manage the energy efficiency and renewable energy programs for Council buildings and energy efficient street-lighting.
You will also be involved with the implementation, review and further development of the Climate Emergency Plan, and other programs addressing the climate emergency and sustainability.
To be successful you will have:
- Sound knowledge and commitment to environmental and sustainability issues, particularly in the energy efficiency and renewable energy space.
- Experience in project management.
- The ability to analyse data and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – being able to engage with a diverse stakeholder group.
Benefits of joining:
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Flexible working options and arrangements available
- Social activities and social club
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing program
- Opportunities for secondments and promotions within the local government and wider Victorian Public Sector
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- Easily accessible by private transport and Preston train station
For specific enquiries about this opportunity, please contact Hugh Butcher, Energy Project Officer on 0430 460 711
About the organisation
Darebin is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities anywhere in the State in terms of cultures, language (more than 138 languages are spoken), religions, socio-economic background, employment status, occupation, and housing needs. We actively represent our community’s diversity and aim to create an inclusive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We are leaders in Environmental Sustainability and Social Justice, often collaborating with neighbouring municipalities to promote awareness and encourage community participation.
We also provide flexible working arrangements and excellent working conditions that are supported across the organisation.
Darebin City Council is one of the largest employers in the municipality with an operating expenditure budget of approximately $172 million and capital expenditure budget of over $52 million. Darebin has a population of over 160,000 and we are also home to two significant tertiary organisations well serviced by public transport.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Environment Officer (Energy) via Pro Bono Australia.