About the role
Join one of Australia’s eminent organisations with a high-profile brand and a mission of Leading Australia’s Doctors and Promoting Australia’s Health.
You will join a team responsible for marketing, membership and commercial services at an exciting time.
You will coordinate an established 3-day conference event for the AMA members, as well as provide design input and delivery of events that promote branding of an expanded learning and career advisory service.
As Events Coordinator, you will:
- Coordinate and deliver the AMA’s annual National Conference program
- Work closely with marketing, learning and career advisory service team members, develop and implement event programs that promote and support the commercial growth and brand awareness of the doctorportal Learning platform and career advisory services
- Conduct market research and membership data to support event design and co-ordination activity
- Respond to member inquiries regarding events and the National Conference
- Provide updates on member services and events with state and territory AMAs.
What it Takes
This is a stand-alone role accountable for coordinating and delivering end-to-end event activities. You must have a demonstrated track record in delivering conferences, as well as events that integrate with marketing campaigns and support revenue growth of a service or product range.
Experience in coordinating large conferences like the AMA 2019 National Conference (please see our web site), inclusive of the election of office bearers every alternate year will be well regarded.
Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills are required, as well an ability to negotiate and administer contracts / budgets. The role also provides opportunity to innovate.
About the role
This is a 30 hour per week, part-time role based in Barton, Canberra. Due to the nature of event management and as some interstate travel is involved, a commitment to working flexibly is required to ensure our events are successful. In return, we like to strike a balance and provide flexible work arrangements together with time off to re-charge, particularly after large events.
About the organisation
You will work with the Federal Secretariat of the Australian Medical Association (AMA). The AMA represents and supports registered medical practitioners and medical students and is the most influential membership organisation in Australia. The AMA contributes to the development and implementation of health policy and also delivers member services.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Events Coordinator (part-time) via Pro Bono Australia.