About the role
- NFP Salary Packaging options available
- Leading mental health organisation
- Parkville location with onsite parking + close to public transport
Full-time fixed term position available until 30 June 2021. Part-time hours negotiable.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) / Head of Department for the Centre of Youth Mental Health within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences at the University of Melbourne, the Executive Assistant will ensure smooth running of the office of the ED at all times. They will act as the principal contact point for external stakeholders including Ministerial and Parliamentary offices, senior government officials, partner organisations, members of the public and clients and families, and provide cover for the Executive Secretariat Officer as required.
The Executive Assistant will provide high level support to the ED including but not limited to diary management, administration support, management of the Office of the ED, and provide cover for the Executive Secretariat Officer as and when required.
- Demonstrates commitment to the values of Orygen and the ability to contribute to the strategic agenda of Orygen in line with its priorities.
- Extensive experience in a similar role supporting an Executive Director or CEO.
- Capacity to be proactive, assertive and work well under pressure or within tight time frames.
- Exceptional organisation skills with a passion for planning, organizing and prioritizing administrative tasks and systems including managing competing tasks rapidly and ensuring deadlines are met under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish friendly and professional rapport with a wide range of stakeholders including Board members, senior levels of Government, partner organisations, members of the public and clients and families.
- Knowledge of and the ability to efficiently use ICT and organisation systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Understanding of the mental health sector and, in particular, youth mental health.
- Experience of working in a university and/or health service environment.
About the organisation
Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health (Orygen) is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. For further information please visit https://www.orygen.org.au/About/About-Us
At Orygen, our leadership and staff work to deliver cutting-edge research, policy development, innovative clinical services, and evidence-based training and education to ensure that there is continuous improvement in the treatments and care provided to young people experiencing mental ill-health.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.