About the role
Are you looking for a rewarding career?
Are you passionate about working with families and careers of people within a mental health context?
Are you interested in adding value to families and carers?
Join us in strengthening families & carers in our community and make a positive difference in the lives of people struggling with their mental health!
Wellways provides a number of diverse programs in the Canberra region, including one-on-one support, respite options, service coordination, education and activity groups, and a short-term residential rehabilitation program. Individual and Family Services is particularly focused on assisting people and families whose lives have been affected by a serious mental health issue or disability, who often have difficulty accessing existing services either because of the nature of their illness or their particular personal circumstances
As the Family and Carer Outreach Worker, you will work within the Wellways Community Recovery Model as well as a focus on supporting Carers by building resilience and knowledge. As part of this opportunity, the Family and Carer Outreach Worker will be expected to provide case management and facilitate group programs with Family, Carers, and Friends of participants in several Wellways programs in the ACT.
This is a part-time fix term position working 3 days a week (21 hours) at a SCHCADS 3.1 award rate. The position is contracted until June 2020 with the possibility of extension based on funding.
You will bring:
- Tertiary qualification(s) in social science/ health-related field or similar discipline or relevant experience
- Previous experience working in the mental health/human services field in a case management capacity
- NDIS Orientation Module Certificate of Completion. This is an essential requirement for all roles (regardless of the type of role or whom it works with)
- Strong understanding of the biopsychosocial rehabilitation model,
- Ability to facilitate groups involving parents and/or carers
- An understanding of mental health issues and experience working with people with severe mental illness
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence with an ability to undertake regular local travel
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Vulnerable People Check, before commencement is mandatory
- Experience in working with families and carer of people who struggle with mental health issues
- Some level of flexibility is required in this role for after hours work to suit Family & Carer employment (work) schedule
In return, you will:
- Be provided with ongoing support and development opportunities within a rapidly growing organisation
- Work within a friendly, supportive and like-minded team sharing the same values and passion for working with people
- Have access to employee benefits such as attractive salary packaging options, learning and development opportunities and access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Laptop, phone, and access to a pool vehicle
About the organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth, and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply for this role
To apply and to download a copy of the position description, please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways) & enter ref code: 4860554. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Matthew Waldron, Team Leader, YSUSD on 0437 607 114.
Applications close Friday 27 September 2019 - close of business
Applications will be reviewed immediately and shortlisted applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process before their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: Family & Carer Outreach Worker via Pro Bono Australia.