About the role
Join the largest provider of evidence-based programs in Australia providing support to the families of children and young people in the TFCO program. A challenging role that works closely with a treatment team to ensure the TFCO child can return to their permanent family. This is a part-time (4 days a week) permanent contract role based in Ipswich, QLD
While the child is placed with a foster family, his or her biological or adoptive family receives family therapy. This component familiarises the family with TFCO theory and methodology, as well as the progress in the program. As the Family Therapist you will attend weekly treatment sessions, during which the family will learn specifically about the TFCO home environment and the child’s individualised program, in addition to more general topics such as supervision, discipline, and reinforcement techniques.
- Provide structured aftercare placement family therapy
- Work as a part of a treatment team to overcome barriers to engagement
- Develop behavioural, coping and parenting skills
- On Call duties for parents 24/7 if in crisis on a roster every 4 weeks (mainly on the phone)
- For more information https://www.tfcoregon.com/
Required Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Counselling or Family Therapy
- Knowledge of and an understanding of family systems and theory
- Cognitive behavioural and behaviour change therapy application
- Social learning theory
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people.
- Valid Full Australian Driving Licence (essential)
About the organisation
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
- Permanent contract
- SCHCADS level 5
- Flexible working hours over 4 days
- Some potential for after hours but majority during 9-5
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone so you can work on the road and from home
- The opportunity to promote an internationally proven Evidence Based program
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.