About the role
You will join an existing team providing internationally recognised evidence-based services to children and families.
Client bases will include children aged from 0 – 17 with particularly complex family situations and the process will involve working through what is a very intensive program from initial assessment, reviewing referral information, engaging all the participants, providing therapy and intervention and identifying areas of risk, all whilst adhering to the Functional Family Therapy Model.
Training and support to gain accreditation in the specialist evidence-based model will be provided in October 2019
- Providing home-based interventions adhering to Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare (FFT – CW) model.
- Create written phase & session plans that are tailored to the family
- Use methods compatible with principles and practices of specified model, provide direct engagement, motivation and generalization.
- Address the needs of clients through model adherent referrals to community partners.
- Work with the team to identify and overcome barriers to engagement/motivation.
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. This is achieved through collaboration. We provide solutions that improve outcomes for our clients. Our approach is strategic and agile as well as being systemic and forward thinking.
As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector
- Permanent contract
- Flexible working hours between the hours of 8am and 9pm
- Level 5 or 6 on the SCHCADS award depending on experience
- The opportunity to work directly with families in a therapeutic way
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone so you can work on the road
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
- Up to $3000 in relocation assistance available
About the organisation
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Therapist/Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.