About the role
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
VACCA is delivering Family Violence Therapeutic programs across multiple locations which will deliver culturally safe and trauma informed one on one counselling and group based work with Aboriginal women, children, adolescents and families who are impacted by family violence.
The Aboriginal Family Violence Therapeutic Group Facilitator positions have been created to facilitate a range of group programs with Aboriginal women, adolescents and children who are impacted by or have experienced family violence. These positions are to be involved in the design and delivery of new group programs with Aboriginal women, children and adolescents; including Mums and Bubs Therapeutic Group, Children’s Therapeutic Group
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal culture and values
- A Tafe or tertiary qualification in a relevant field along with demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated experience in group facilitation
- A comprehensive understanding of the dynamics and impact of family violence in Aboriginal families
- A demonstrated ability to work therapeutically and sensitively with Aboriginal children, adolescents, women and/or men who are impacted by and/or perpetrators of family violence
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Therapeutic Group Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.