About the role
- Full time, fixed term till 30 June 2020, based in Warragul and Traralgon (Latrobe City and Baw Baw)
- $67k salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Support and provide access for people with mental health issues, who are homeless or are at risk of homelessness
About this opportunity
Wellways’ Doorway Program is an innovative and evidence-based housing and recovery program that supports people experiencing mental health issues who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, in securing and sustaining a home within the private rentalmarker. Doorway is funded by the State Government of Victoria and is being delivered in partnership with various local hospitals. To view the Program details further please visit our website: https://www.wellways.org/our-services/doorway.
The Housing and Recovery Worker assists participants in finding a suitable, affordable home in the private rental market and supports skill building to maintain tenancy, working through the participant’s recovery related goals, finding employment and becoming involved in their local community. A unique opportunity where you will be required to adopt an active role in both facilitating tenancy matters, including monitoring the condition of the private rental property and identifying any maintenance issues.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a social science or related discipline, or experience working in a recovery oriented mental health environment
- Appropriate IT skills
- Current valid Driver’s Licence and the ability to undertake travel
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children’s Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course are mandatory prior to commencement.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Ongoing support in the role
- Thorough induction and orientation program
About the organisation
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply for this role
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways) & enter ref code: 4853027.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Cassie Green, Senior Practitioner on 0439 087 687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 16 September 2019 COB
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: Housing and Recovery Worker via Pro Bono Australia.