About the role
- Fixed-term contract to 30 June 2020
- Part-time 22.8 hours per week
EDVOS is seeking to appoint a Human Resources Officer to support the HR Manager to deliver an effective and responsive HR service on a part time basis. Days may be negotiated between the successful candidate and the HR Manager.
The Human Resources Officer will work in consultation with the HR Manager and will proactively coordinate recruitment, selection and appointment activities, credentialing, contract preparation, position changes and other HR- related activities in consultation with the HR Manager. This position will assist managers by responding to HR queries and providing initial advice and support around matters pertaining to the HR lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting managers in the coordination of recruitment and selection activities for employees and volunteers, student and graduate placements
- Developing the format and content of advertisements, interview guides, position descriptions and other relevant recruitment documentation in consultation with HR Manager and other EDVOS managers
- Coordinating all pre-employment and credentialing checks
- Preparation of employment contracts and new starter paperwork for new employees and work in conjunction with managers regarding staff contractual changes/amendments
- Administration and filing of documents on employee HR files and assisting the HR Manager in conducting regular file audits
- Timely monitoring of the EDVOS HR inbox, responding to general queries from applicants and queries from incoming students, graduates and volunteers.
- Provision of practical advice to managers and employees in respect to general HR enquiries including employment terms and conditions referring more complex queries to the HR Manager or General Manager, Corporate
- Maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Active contribution to continuous quality improvements of recruitment and selection and HR practices at EDVOS
- Assisting with administration of WorkCover claims and injury management in consultation with the Human Resource Manager
- Assisting with general HR administration duties and projects on a needs basis
Essential to your success:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or Business Management or commensurate experience in a similar role.
- Experience in end –to- end recruitment, selection and employment activities
- Knowledge and understanding of the HR lifecycle, HR practices and relevant HR and OHS legislation
- Keen interest to develop HR generalist skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working within the community/health sector (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and a work cooperatively as part of team
- Sound planning and organisational skills, including excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt effectively to change
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work and bi-monthly staff shared lunch
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) and working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 4 + 9.5% super.
About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Human Resources Officer via Pro Bono Australia.