About the role
Join the largest provider of evidence-based programs in Australia providing support to the families of children and young people in the TFCO program.. This is a part-time (4 days a week) 6 month contract covering maternity leave
As the child therapist, you will work in a clinical team that consists of a program supervisor, carers, family therapist, skills coach, and teacher. The child therapist works to support a young person aged between 12-17, you will have the most contact with that child, you will be integral to the effectiveness and the outcome of the program.
The TFCO program is particularly effective for children who may have a history of trauma and/or neglect.
For more information see https://www.tfcoregon.com/about.html
- Provide individual therapy to a child or young person under the TFCO model
- Achieve sustained behavioural change in children, reducing need for placements in out of home care
- Provide coping and social skill development practice in each session
- Help children overcome significant barriers
Required Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Counselling or Family Therapy
- Knowledge of and an understanding of family systems and theory
- Cognitive behavioural and behaviour change therapy application
- Social learning theory
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people.
- Valid Full Australian Driving Licence (essential)
- Fixed-term contract part-time role .8 FTE
- Flexible working with some hours being early evening
- Training in the TFCO model
- Team based treatment environment with intensive collaboration and clinical training, clinical supervision and consultation
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone so you can work on the road and from home
- The opportunity to promote an internationally proven Evidence Based program
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
About the organisation
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Individual Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.