About the role
The Community Broadcasting Foundation is a champion of community media – Australia’s largest independent media sector, a key pillar in the media landscape and a strong contributor to our cultural fabric. Each year more than $17 million in funding is distributed to community broadcasting organisations, radio and television stations and program makers.
The community media sector reaches 6 million Australian listeners and viewers every week. From major cities to remote communities, Community Broadcasting Foundation grants inspire people to create, support and listen to local, independent media.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible, family-friendly and collaborative work environment
- Additional annual leave over the festive break
- $108,914 per annum + 15.4% super and salary packaging
- 8-month maternity leave contract, commencing 4th November 2019
- Parkville location close to parklands and easy access to public transport
As the Executive Officer, you will work closely with the CEO to manage the day to day operations of the Community Broadcasting Foundation. You will provide leadership for a range of functions, with a significant focus on ensuring effective administration and communications to support the CBF grants process.
The collaborative nature of the role will see you engage with a diverse range of stakeholders whilst ensuring that you support best practice for the Community Broadcasting Foundation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with key stakeholders to implement strategic and operational plans
- Leading the Grants Support Team and providing ongoing mentorship and development
- Coordinating and chairing meetings across a range of subject matters
- Developing correspondence, reports, information, policy and discussion papers as required
- Working in collaboration with, and providing executive support to the Sector Investment Advisory Committee.
You have a successful track record of leading and managing people in a collaborative and collegiate manner at an executive level. You are a strong communicator who demonstrates a positive and diplomatic approach.
You will bring:
- Experience supporting boards and sub committees, drafting resolutions and minutes
- Effective engagement of key stakeholders, including volunteers
- Proven ability to successfully develop and implement strategies, processes and policies
- A commitment to quality service standards and delivery
- Well-developed writing and editing skills
- Experience or understanding of grants and fundraising objectives.
Play a key leadership role during an exciting period for the Community Broadcasting Foundation. Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Natalie Brooker on 03 8080 8975 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Interim Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.