About the role
- Location: Wangaratta
- Full time
- Salary – 53,707.04- 63,078.08
The position will support a number of families in need of support to address barriers and strengthen parenting capability and confidence.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with Aboriginal children, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Proven ability to engage Aboriginal families in need and supporting families to make positive changes
- Experience in case management and or ability to acquire
- Maintain up to date client information and files and data systems as required by the role
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare reports and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop relationships with professionals and services to support the needs of families
- An ability to work flexible hours and participate in an on-call roster as required
Application Closes on 20th Oct, 2019
For more information please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 03 9287 8838
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Kinship Case Worker – Ovens Murray via Pro Bono Australia.