About the role
The Manager Social Action and Research Centre will strategically lead and build the capacity of SARC and its team of skilled researchers. Not only will you work closely with colleagues in the service delivery spectrum across Anglicare, you will also be in proximity to our clients – those in the midst of making big changes to their lives. Broadly the role will require you to:
- Lead, develop and implement a research agenda.
- Influence policy and promote social action.
- Lead and manage a team.
- Research is your thing and you get what it means to apply social justice principles.
- You’re naturally collaborative and you understand the power of partnerships.
- You are curious and you take nothing for granted.
- You value disruption – you understand its place and its power for greater good.
- You are a leader and you possess management skills (you understand these two things are different).
- You understand Christian theology and the interrelation of perspectives across questions of social justice.
- You’d love to live in the fabulously cosmopolitan Hobart – a small city with a big heart where lifestyle needn’t be compromised by outrageous commute times.
About the organisation
At Anglicare Tasmania, we develop new and innovative ways to support vulnerable Tasmanians and advocate for justice and for change. We live our values of Hope, Respect, Compassion and Justice through the wide range of services that we provide which include Aged Care, Disability Support and a range of support for life challenges.
We do a lot. At the heart of our mission lies the desire to provide opportunity for people in need to reach fullness of life.
Anglicare Tasmania is committed to social justice, and this is manifest in our Social Action and Research Centre. For over 20 years we have focused on research, policy development and advocacy to successfully influence government and decision makers, to review and reform existing policy and improve programs to help Tasmania’s most disadvantaged people and communities.
Anglicare’s Social Action and Research Centre is unique for several reasons:
- We are independent and beholden to no external funding sources or agendas, allowing us to set our own priorities and operate according to our own values.
- We are part of one of the largest NGOs in Tasmania which delivers services across the state, grounding our work directly in the daily experiences of low income Tasmanians.
- We explicitly focus on Tasmania and the social issues that directly impact our state and our people.
How to apply for this role
Visit Anglicare Tasmania's website for further information about how to apply for this position.
Please quote in application: Manager, Anglicare Tasmania’s Social Action and Research Centre via Pro Bono Australia.