About the role
IS THIS YOU?
- Are you ready to unleash your events management super powers for good in the not for profit space?
- Are you the expert we need for our big, complex fundraising events?
- Can you inspire individuals and the community to raise much needed funds to empower and support young people across Australia?
An exciting full-time opportunity exists for a highly-skilled events & fundraising professional to join the Reach Fundraising & Marketing team in our Collingwood office. Being young is not without its struggles. Today’s world is pretty complex and young people can experience a bunch of challenges that adults might not be able to relate to. One of the biggest hurdles is just having the confidence and support to be who they want to be. There are currently over 4 million young people living in Australia, and Reach works with over 40,000 of them a year. We have over 250 of them working for us; designing and delivering workshops in schools and the community. Our workshops are 100% youth-led, from design through to delivery, and the community we create out of these workshops is one that allows for deeper connection, a sense of belonging, and the dispelling of judgements. A preventative, instead of having to focus on symptoms in adult life.
Generations of confident, self-aware and passionate young people shaping the world.
Purpose of this role
The Manager, Events & Community Fundraising is an integral role in the Fundraising team, responsible for securing significant funds and growing revenue via community fundraising and events (both in-house and third party). This position is critical in ensuring the future viability and growth of Reach by broadening and strengthening our fundraising base through the development of strong and lasting relationships with our community fundraisers and event attendees. The community fundraising area includes all individual and group fundraisers; peer-to-peer fundraising, physical challenge events, nominated events and volunteer fundraising committees. This role also develops, delivers and evaluates effective strategies for Reach’s fundraising events to achieve revenue targets in NSW and VIC. This role also supervises a part-time events coordinator. The Fundraising and Marketing team is the engine that drives and brings our funding to life through our innovative programs for young people. We build strategic partnerships across the corporate, community and philanthropic sectors by engaging our stakeholders and inspiring the wider community through compelling story-telling of our important work. Reach benefits from loyal, long-standing support because of our focus on mutually-beneficial relationships with high levels of engagement in Reach events and programs. WHO ARE YOU? You are an experienced and passionate Events and Community Fundraising professional. You will embrace and bring to life the essence of Reach by broadening and strengthening our fundraising base through the development of strong and lasting relationships with our event attendees and community fundraisers. The vital income you generate will enable Reach to deliver our innovative youth-led workshops to more young people and get us closer to achieving Reach’s vision. Some of the key selection criteria for this role are (see attached position description for full details):
- Required: Proven success in fundraising and/or sales experience of new revenue sources
- Required: Good computer literacy and prior experience using a range of software including Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Required: Demonstrated skills experience in event management and customer service
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining meaningful professional relationships with young people
- Ability to present in front of small to large groups to inspire an compel support of the Reach work
- People management – developing strong team with focus and recognition/engagement of team members to maximise performance, growth and retention
- Strong administration and organisational skills with a very strong attention to detail
- Resilience and ability to cope with periods of high workloads
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children check identifying Reach as your employer prior to starting in the role, and a National Criminal History Check. Role starting as soon as possible.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Events & Community Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.