About the role
About the program
The Practice Development and Learning (PD&L) group is responsible for supporting the continued development in professional practice of the staff of Foundation House and the learning and practice development of the wider sector and key partners with whom Foundation House works. PD&L has the following core responsibilities:
- Providing professional learning, supervision, reflective practice, and consultancy services to build the capacity of external service systems, organisations and individuals to support the needs of refugee communities who have experienced torture and other traumatic events;
- Providing practice development support to the staff of Foundation House through supervision, reflective practice, professional learning, and specialist consultation;
- To be a source of professional and policy advice and expertise related to the VFST Integrated Trauma Recovery Service Model;
- To support the development of research and evaluation that deepens practice knowledge in the field of trauma recovery work with survivors of torture and other traumatic events.
Foundation House has an excellent reputation in providing quality professional and organisational development activities including: a widely promoted calendar; tailored on-request training; reflective practice and supervision; consultancy services; and communities of practice for a range of participants including education, health, family support and community services.
For more information about at the program click here: learn.foundationhouse.org.au
About the Position
The Manager, Practice and Professional Learning is responsible for program development, management and being a key organisation wide practice expert in trauma recovery work with people from refugee backgrounds. This includes working with the General Manager Practice Development and Learning, other key content experts in the organisation and with partner organisations to design and deliver high quality practice development and learning programs within Foundation House, and externally for the health, education, family and community sectors. The Manager leads the team and manages both internal and external stakeholder relationships and plays a key role in the strategic development of Foundation House’s approach to practice development and learning.
This role is based in Brunswick, very accessible to public transport and with on-site parking.
- You have demonstrated management and leadership abilities with successful experience in managing senior practitioners and organisational change processes
- You have demonstrated expertise in trauma informed practice applicable to working with refugee survivors of torture and trauma
- You have experience in the design and delivery of high quality professional learning with the ability to draw on contemporary practice knowledge and research
- You are an organised, excellent communicator, including the ability to influence and negotiate with a range of stakeholders
Salary and Benefits
An attractive remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 will be offered. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
About the organisation
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong and Ringwood.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager– Practice and Professional Learning via Pro Bono Australia.