About the role
MYAN seeks a Media and Communications Officer who will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of MYAN’s communications, including digital platforms and media engagement.
- Hours: 22.8 hours per week (0.6 FTE), Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 4) : $68,804 per annum (pro rata) plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office
- Applications Close: 9:00 am Monday, 23 September 2019
You will have:
- Excellent writing skills and a strong attention to detail, with demonstrated expertise in writing content for a range of different channels, including collaborating with key stakeholders and targeting stories to appropriate audiences to increase engagement
- Proven ability to produce and manage a range of communications tools such as publications, websites, e-newsletters and other digital technologies
- Demonstrated expertise in media relations including relationship development, proactive engagement and targeting stories to appropriate audiences
- Demonstrated experience in designing, delivering and evaluating effective social media strategies
For more information
About the organisation
Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network Australia (MYAN) is the national peak body representing the rights and interests of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds – Australia’s national voice on multicultural youth issues. MYAN is auspiced and chaired by the Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY).
MYAN works in partnership with young people, government and non-government agencies at the state and national levels to support a consistent approach to addressing the rights and needs of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds in policy and service delivery. MYAN facilitates a national approach to youth settlement through its broad networks and partners in each state and territory. MYAN also supports the development of young people’s leadership and advocacy skills through national youth events and a national Youth Ambassador’s Network.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: MYAN Media and Communications Officer (CMY169) via Pro Bono Australia.