About the role
Asthma Australia is looking for three new Non-Executive Directors to join their board who:
- Are committed to Asthma Australia’s vision
- Are receptive and embracing of new ideas, keen to participate in driving a culture of growth and fresh thinking
- Are reliable, resilient, dynamic, caring; who can influence and inspire others
- Are committed to excellence in governance to ensure the Board continues to operate with effectiveness and rigour
- Have an appetite for calculated risk and will considerately challenge thoughts and ideas
The experience, knowledge, skills that they’re looking for:
- Professional experience within the health care sector – in particular, deep knowledge of General Practice, with a desire to drive change at a primary care level
- Professional experience and expertise in the digital space, particularly in regards to client engagement and embracing technology to transform service delivery and business models
- Experience in managing/generating revenue within the for-purpose space
- Commercial with a strong business network
- Solid governance or leadership experience and a good understanding of the Australian not for profit sector (or preparedness to learn).
In order to maintain their national perspective, Asthma Australia is looking for new board members from outside of NSW.
It is essential that you have a genuine interest in positively contributing to Asthma Australia.
These volunteer Non-Executive Director positions are an excellent opportunity to work with a high performing Board to deliver significant and measurable social impact.
About the organisation
Asthma Australia’s vision is a community free from Asthma. To do this, Asthma Australia engage with half a million Australians each year including people with asthma, their family and friends, health professionals, researchers and governments. The organisation delivers evidence-based prevention and health strategies. They provide education and training; sharing best-practice information with the public via their website, helpline and COACH program and provide information about first-aid and responses to someone who experiences asthma symptoms, an example of this is their training program for school teachers.
Asthma is at an exciting time in its evolution. Recently, Asthma Australia became a national body in 2017, from a previously federated structure. Now, with a new board and a new brand the organisation – under the leadership of CEO Michele Goldman – is poised for significant growth in activity and impact.
How to apply for this role
People for Purpose have been appointed to recruit for this role. Please download the Board Pack for more information and if you have any specific questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0468 625 252.
To apply, you MUST submit a CV and covering letter outlining why you are interested in representing Asthma Australia and how your skills and experience align to this opportunity.
Applications close Sunday, 6 October 2019.
Please quote in application: Non Executive Directors via Pro Bono Australia.