About the role
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Work, Economic Security and Social Inclusion division comprises of four programs: Employment Services, Training Services, Multicultural Communities Team and Financial Inclusion.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The primary purpose of Operations Manager – WESSI role is to enable the WESSI department to deliver on its objectives and priority initiatives, as outlined in the 2019-2023 Strategic Plan by leading the WESSI working groups that support the department’s business planning, internal communications and staff and volunteer wellbeing and development. The role will be responsible for development, documentation and management of business systems and processes. As part of the WESSI Senior Leaders group this position has a focus on service sustainability, quality, innovation and growth.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline like business management along with proven track record in all aspects of operations management including business analysis, planning and reporting, revenue planning, and quality, risk and compliance management
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to facilitate the translation of knowledge into strategic objectives
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with an outcome focus
- Demonstrated high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed influencing, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and commitment to the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Victorian Driver’s License
- Experience in managing community programs, operations and/or contracts in the Not-for-Profit sector
- Experience in developing and managing projects
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
Salary will be in the range of $85,735.63 – $90,142.55 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information about the role phone Clea Schmidt on (03) 9288 9937
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager - WESSI via Pro Bono Australia.