About the role
Partnership Development Director (maternity leave replacement)
- National focus
- Take the Centre to the next level
- Passion for aligning research to inform client needs
Interested in putting your stamp on the future success of this vital CRC, using your strengths in strategic thinking, stakeholder engagement and business development to build new business and long-term funding opportunities?
The CRC needs to develop a plan to sustain its research capability and broaden its long-term funding base, which currently expires in June 2021. The Partnership Development Director reports directly to the CEO and will:
- Work closely with him to develop a strategic plan for sustaining and growing the centre’s capability.
- As part of the centre’s Executive Leadership Team, will provide strategic advice on engagement opportunities, pathways for future funding and partnership development,
- Develop new lines of business and responding to strategic business needs such as through grant opportunities.
At times, extensive domestic and occasional international travel will be required.
You will have a strong record of achievement in initiating, negotiating and successfully winning new business and navigating complex stakeholder relationships. Your background could be in philanthropic, not-for-profit, tertiary research or consultancy environments. You may have been responsible for developing and implementing business plans, responding to grants and tenders, and delivering results through partnerships and contracts. A university degree (postgraduate degree preferable), highly developed relationship, networking, communication and presentation skills, an analytical mind, political nous and healthy levels of motivation and integrity will guarantee your success. Sound like you?
Time Fraction: Full or Part Time (minimum equivalent of .8 FTE)
Location: East Melbourne
Position length: One year maternity leave cover
About the organisation
About the CRC
The Bushfire and Natural Hazards Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) is jointly funded by the Commonwealth Government and a variety of other partners across Australia and New Zealand, including government departments, statutory authorities, higher education institutions, private companies, non for profits and peak industry bodies. The centre:
- Has a vision to be the preferred and trusted source of research, knowledge and insights in natural hazards
- Exists to support the development of cohesive, evidence-based policies, strategies and tools with its partners to build a more disaster-resilient Australia.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Partnership Development Director (12 month maternity leave cover) via Pro Bono Australia.