About the role
Tenants Victoria is one of Victoria’s leading specialist community legal centres. Promoting and protecting the rights of Victorian tenants they are respected and influential advocates for social change, working to improve conditions for all tenants. Tenants Victoria believe that safe, secure, affordable and appropriate housing is a fundamental human right.
Through their advice line, legal casework, law reform work, training and publications activities, Tenants Victoria supports individual tenants and community organisations, and campaigns to effect legislative, policy and procedural change.
Benefits & Culture
- Part time role (3 days per week, 0.6 FTE), flexible work days
- Competitive salary, with full salary sacrifice entitlement
- Additional annual leave over Christmas/Easter
- Values based culture, passionate team, close to public transport
This newly created hands-on role will implement a values focused HR framework into this socially charged organisation.
Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer you will ensure the organisation is investing in its biggest asset – its people, employees and volunteers. You will ensure that human resources, L&D and quality management systems are meeting emerging needs and all compliance requirements.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Supporting managers to improve their people management capability
- Working on a range of HR projects, policy development and strategic planning
- Fostering an inclusive, safe and supportive workplace culture
- Updating industrial and employee relations agreements
A qualified senior human resources professional with a track record in best practice HR, driving improvements and influencing change – you are also passionate about social justice.
You can develop positive stakeholder relationships at all levels and leverage these to create a highly engaged work environment.
Specific skills, experience and qualifications required include:
- Ability to successfully develop and implement HR strategies, processes and policies
- Highly developed communication skills and a collaborative approach
- A deep understanding of employee relations, awards and enterprise agreements
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously
- Degree qualified in Human Resources Management or Industrial Relations – post graduate qualifications highly desirable
If you are motivated to achieve lasting social change to support tenants and residents throughout Victoria, then please apply by submitting a cover letter addressing the skills required or contact Anna Skeels on 03 8080 8976.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: People and Culture Manager via Pro Bono Australia.