About the role
Your future Workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul – we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
Homefront is a program of Sacred Heart Mission’s Women’s Services that provides crisis accommodation and is committed to delivering a gender specific response to the needs of women experiencing homelessness and other associated issues.
As Program Coordinator you are responsible for leading the Homefront team and directing decision making to support the best outcomes for Homefront clients. You will oversee a variety of operational duties including facilitating the referral process into the program, administering the Homefront budget and managing the day to day running of the Homefront facility.
As Program Coordinator, you are responsible for leading the Homefront team in providing the highest quality, most effective and caring service to women accessing the service.
A typical shift will have you supporting the Homefront team in the provision of information, support, and case management to women who access the program.
You will always have a varied day with supporting staff, occasionally meeting with women who at stay at Homefront from the intake process to a review of their stay, overseeing the needs of the accommodation such as keeping maintenance requests on track and managing the budget and daily spending for the program.
You will have ample opportunities to keep in touch with what is happening on a broader level at Sacred Heart Mission and then communicating this to the team.
The Homefront team environment values your leadership skills and your openness to having some fun and a laugh together while supporting women achieve wonderful outcomes.
We’re looking for a female Coordinator to join our team who is:
- Experienced in leading a team and committed to the goal of supporting women exit homelessness.
- Ready to provide a safe and welcoming environment for women who stay at the crisis accommodation and for staff who work at the program.
- Committed to leading a feminist, strength’s based, trauma informed and culturally responsive practice framework.
- Experienced in provision of quality Supervision, mentoring and debriefing to staff.
- Dedicated to a positive team culture with strong interpersonal skills.
- Prepared to provide timely solution focused responses to matters that arise during your shifts.
- Tertiary qualified relevant to the delivery of community services e.g. Social Work, Psychology or equivalent.
You can look forward to
- Being part of a dedicated team who are highly motivated to support women experiencing homelessness secure housing and achieve their identified goals.
- Joining a positive team culture made up of staff who have an incredible work ethic but also know how to have a laugh and fun together.
- Participating in in-house training and regular supervision.
- Ending your work hours knowing you’ve contributed to something truly worthwhile.
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Located in the St Kilda area and close to public transport
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply click Apply Now.
For more information about the role, contact Elizabeth Kelleher – Manager Women’s Services, phone 0410 412 795.
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description.
Sacred Heart Mission has exemption under section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to employ women only for Women’s Services Programs.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Program Coordinator – Homefront (Women’s Crisis Accommodation) via Pro Bono Australia.