About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Full Time permanent role
- Lead an intensive case management program through strengths based approach and with focus on innovative program development
- Be supported through high quality practice coaching with our partners at the Parenting Research Centre
- Permanent Full Time
- Mt Druitt, NSW
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Program Manager, On PAR, to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Regional Community Development Manager NSW/ ACT and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role provides local leadership and manages the successful implementation of the On PAR program. The On PAR (Participation, Attendance, Retention) program will provide an early intervention, child-centred, family-focused, intensive case management approach to support the wellbeing and improve educational outcomes for vulnerable children. The Program includes a focus on evaluation to ensure the program evolves to meet the needs of the community. Team members will also be coached through the Parenting Research Centre to support quality, evidence informed practice.
A day in the life of our On Par Program Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Day to day oversight of the On PAR team to ensure the delivery of the key program outcomes, with a focus on strengths based, trauma informed and whole of family approaches
- Establishment of respectful and beneficial relationships with local community leaders and people with lived experience
- Managing partnerships with local schools, services and networks to ensure On PAR leverages within the local service system and is responsive to needs and opportunities
- Local oversight of planning, reporting, and evaluation processes
It takes a special kind of person to be our On PAR Program Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Welfare or similar with minimum 5-years’ experience
- A strengths based approach
- Experience in staff leadership and supervision
- Knowledge of the issues faced by vulnerable families, and a commitment to child-centred and trauma informed practice
- Very good stakeholder relationship skills in a place based context, with the ability to influence positive change
- High level of competency and cultural safety in working with community members, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Pacific Islander and CALD communities
- Full current NSW Driver’s Licence
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager, On PAR via Pro Bono Australia.