About the role
- Full-time, 38 hours per week (5 days)
- Fixed-term contract until 29 October 2021
The Project Manager – WA Workforce is a key leadership position responsible for leading key negotiations and project managing Workforce initiatives in WA.
The role will significantly support NDS in developing and influencing public policy in the workforce space – chairing key meetings, forums and conducting individual negotiations with disability and training sector leaders. It will support members of NDS in WA in advancing the rights and interests of people with disability and the organisations supporting them.
Among the initiatives to be managed is the creation of a Skills Passport for the disability sector and the delivery of workforce presentations to attract future workers to the sector.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- As a member of the NDS WA Leadership Team, contribute to NDS’s strategic and business plans and ensure compliance with organisational strategic directions
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders, including funders, government departments, employee representatives, training providers, and leaders across the public, Catholic, and Independent school sectors.
- Oversee the management of key projects processes and systems for Workforce Development, including the creation of a Skills Passport and the delivery of workforce attraction strategies across WA.
- Improve the availability and effectiveness of Training and Professional Development opportunities for personnel working in the disability sector.
- Prepare written analyses and reports as required.
- Provide leadership and effectively manage staff to achieve their potential.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing and maintaining quality assurance systems and maintaining a safe workplace.
- Other duties as required.
- High level consultation, communication and interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated capacity to motivate and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- High level of understanding of the WA disability sector and its workforce needs.
- Proven ability to solve large and complex problems through strategic insight and continuous improvement to deliver effective and successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and successful implementation of policy and legislation.
- Demonstrated leadership in a management position, including management of a diverse range of staff, projects and budgets.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills with a proven capacity to develop cogent project reports.
- Computer literacy – including Microsoft Office Suite.
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline is desirable but not essential
- Independent travel capability.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a police background and WA working with children check prior to commencing. Any expenses incurred in obtaining these will be reimbursed to the successful applicant only.
About the organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing approximately 1,000 non-government organisations. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’ members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager – Workforce WA via Pro Bono Australia.