About the role
Transparency International Australia (TI Australia) is the Australian chapter of the world’s leading non-governmental anti-corruption movement. The full-time Project Officer (Australia) will support the delivery of the Australia-focussed national project in Phase II of the global ‘Mining for Sustainable Development’ programme. This global programme seeks to achieve real change by combatting corruption in the mining sector and building the capacity of TI Australia as a Centre of Expertise on anti-corruption in mining.
The role requires a highly skilled professional with demonstrated experience supporting project planning, implementation and management. You will have outstanding communication skills and demonstrated experience in multi-stakeholder engagement including with government, industry and civil society. You will also have excellent research skills, the ability to collate best practice guidance material and an understanding of the mining sector.
The Project Officer (Australia) will assist the National Project Coordinator (Australia) to manage the Australian component of the ‘Mining for Sustainable Development’ programme. You will assist with multi-stakeholder efforts to improve specific aspects of the mining awards process design and practice in Queensland and Western Australia, particularly in relation to due diligence, the prevention of policy and state capture, state agreements, and improved verification of social and environmental impact assessments. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to contribute to a national initiative designed to generate tangible and lasting change in the fight against corruption; while directly contributing to TI Australia’s strategic development and national leadership.
The Project Officer (Australia) will report to the National Project Coordinator (Australia) and will also work with the M4SD team in Australia, and other programme staff regionally and internationally, as required.
The Project Officer (Australia) will be expected to:
- independently carry out logistical, administrative and financial elements of project activities;
- organise and be responsible for the implementation of multi-stakeholder roundtable meetings in Qld and WA;
- facilitate and assist with multi-stakeholder engagement including with government, industry and civil society in Qld and WA;
- assist with budget management and draft financial and narrative reports;
- assist with research, writing, publication and dissemination of factsheets, briefing papers and best practice guidance material;
- collect Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) information and assist with MEL reporting;
- draft project risk assessments and assist with risk mitigation planning;
- draft content and communicate project information through the TIA website, newsletters and social media platforms; and
- use and maintain project databases, including recording and updating stakeholder details and engagement information.
To be successful in this role the Project Officer (Australia) will have:
- relevant professional qualifications in Business, International Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Law, Engineering, Science, or another relevant field;
- 5 years of experience working in a relevant role in the public, private or not-for-profit sectors;
- demonstrated experience engaging with diverse stakeholders including government, industry and civil society on complex and politically sensitive issues;
- proven experience in successfully implementing multistakeholder activities and forums;
- proven experience in project implementation, finances and budgets, monitoring and evaluation and reporting;
- outstanding oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to present complex issues effectively to a wide range of stakeholders;
- the ability to use various media platforms to communicate project information;
- excellent research skills and the capacity to contribute to the drafting of factsheets, briefing papers and best practice guidance material; and
- demonstrated knowledge of or experience in the mining sector.
Please refer to the position description attached below for a full outline of the position, including selection criteria and remuneration.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer (Australia), Mining for Sustainable Development via Pro Bono Australia.