About the role
This position will facilitate growth of the disability sector’s workforce in response to the needs of the National Disability Insurance Scheme in WA.
Primarily, the position will develop local and regional people with disability to deliver presentations in schools and other settings to attract people to work in the disability sector.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and support people with disability in WA to deliver workforce attraction presentations.
- Manage a finite budget for the project.
- Liaise with school principals and other key stakeholders to ensure adequate uptake and planning for the presentations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the presentations.
- Prepare written analyses and reports as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent consultation, communication and interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and with varying forms of disability.
- Knowledge of the disability sector and the variety of roles across its workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations to secondary school students.
- Sound organisational skills including planning, project management and evaluation.
- Computer literacy – including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Independent travel capability, including the ability to travel to all parts of WA.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a police background check and working with children check prior to commencing. Any expenses incurred in obtaining these will be reimbursed to the successful applicant only.
About the organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing approximately 1,000 non-government organisations. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’ members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
How to apply for this role
Interested applicants should send a cover letter relating their experience to each of the Key Attributes, together with their resume, to:
Neetha Stefas Human Resources Manager - National Ph: (02) 9256 3104 Fax: (02) 9256 3123 email@example.com
Closing date is 20 October 2019
NDS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disability.
Please quote in application: Project Officer – Workforce Attraction via Pro Bono Australia.