About the role
- Opportunity to be a key supporter, build relationships and foster meaningful opportunities for philanthropic giving
- Advocate for inspiring & encouraging alumni and donors through communications, activities and programs
- Report to the Associate Director, Philanthropy
As an experienced Senior Advisor, Philanthropy, you will:
- Cultivate potential and current RMIT donors to encourage increased engagement with RMIT and secure philanthropic gifts in support of organisational objectives
- Build and grow effective internal & external relationships with staff and employee with the aim of securing opportunities & provide great experiences for potential donors as well as
- Establish, promote and deliver excellent philanthropic support for RMIT University by building strong relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and trusts
- Identify fundraising opportunities, curate and develop case for support materials and assist in coordinating strategies & connect with potential major gift donors
- Create, design and execute engagement plans for potential donors
- Compose and present fundraising proposals as well as preparing reports and high-quality recommendations on fundraising activities and performance
- Ensure all records and information store in Raisers Edge (CRM) is relevant, current and informative.
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree qualified and/or commensurate working experience in major organisation, candidate with sou nd knowledge of higher education or fundraising environment is desirable
- Possess excellent relationship building and management skills and the ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Competency and strong understanding in the delivering, initiating and managing a fundraising pipeline
- Proven ability to identify continuous process improvements using your strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and time-management skills to meet the demand of workloads and deadlines through working autonomously and collaboratively as a team
- Computer savvy and competent in navigating various technologies
- Strong verbal communication and written skills; with high attention to details and accuracy in the quality of work
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to dr ive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
The Engagement portfolio includes the Alumni and Philanthropy, Activator and Industry Engagement teams. Ensuring industry is embedded in everything we do is the cornerstone of RMIT’s strategy. The Industry Engagement team leads the university in striving towards the strategic goals of creating both better outcomes for RMIT and industry, and a step change in industry’s connection to education.
The Alumni and Philanthropy team build the community of advocates for RMIT who champion the Universitys vision both locally and globally. The team is responsible for leading alumni engagement, fundraising and donor stewardship.
The Activator is RMITs own incubator and supports students to learn entrepreneurial skills as well as providing students with the tools and support to start their own business.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you’ll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there’s something for everyone
Bring your whole self to work:
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond. Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri– an important step in our reconciliation journey.
About the organisation
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways
How to apply for this role
For more information & to view the position description, please click the attachment.
Applications close on Monday 16th September 2019.
Applicants will need to attach their updated resume and a cover letter expressing their suitability & achievements to be considered for this position.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all secto rs of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.
Please quote in application: Senior Advisor, Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.