About the role
- Plan, develop, and undertake evaluations of Primary Health care activities
- Join an organisation championing mental health reforms
- Be part of a small passionate team determined to make a difference
- Ongoing full time position
- Located in a modern office at Heatherton
- Applications close 5 pm Sunday 13 October 2019
The Senior Evaluation Officer works closely with closely with the Evaluation Lead and Service Development Managers to plan, develop, and undertake evaluations of Primary Health care activities across the SEMPHN. Evaluations will be designed to monitor progress, measure outcomes, assess impacts of projects, and identify successes and areas for improvement.
The role also supports the Evaluation lead to develop and review SEMPHN evaluation processes and tools to support SEMPHN staff and providers to undertake evaluations of commissioned activities.
Qualifications, Skills and experience
To be successful in this fantastic opportunity you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field or health related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in the design and conduct of program evaluations, preferably in the Primary Health Sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in, evaluation and research methods.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret information rapidly and accurately and to present information to a range of audiences using a range of mediums.
- Well developed verbal and written communications, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft office skills
Benefits of working with SEMPHN
- Generous leave and salary packaging entitlements
- Comprehensive Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program
- Ample car parking is available
About the organisation
As one of six Primary Health Networks (PHNs) in Victoria, we are a 'for-benefit' social enterprise working on behalf of the Federal Government to improve local health care.
We want everyone in our community to be able to access the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
We work to achieve this goal by improving access to existing services, commissioning new services to improve health outcomes and encouraging General Practitioners and other primary health care providers to innovate and further improve local health care.
There are around 1.5million residents in our catchment, which stretches from St Kilda to Sorrento, and as far east as Bunyip, including the major population hubs of Clayton, Dandenong, Moorabbin, Caulfield, Cranbourne, Frankston and Pakenham.
Our seven key priority areas are mental health, alcohol and other drugs, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, population health, health workforce, digital health and aged care.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Evaluation Officer via Pro Bono Australia.