About the role
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Work, Economic Security and Social Inclusion division comprises of four programs: Employment Services, Training Services, Multicultural Communities Team and Financial Inclusion.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The primary purpose of this role is to enable the WESSI department to deliver on its objectives and priority initiatives, as outlined in the 2019-2023 Strategic Plan by managing community partnerships, primarily focusing on practice and service development. The position will be responsible for overseeing the documentation and writing of practice frameworks and approaches to inform funding and grant submissions, advocacy and service growth as well as developing and adapting key resources and existing tools.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in education, social work or community development, or related field
- Demonstrated broad knowledge and understanding of policy and practice in education, employment, and people experiencing disadvantage in the Australian context
- Demonstrated ability to write reports for a range of audiences including government and community
- Demonstrated understanding and application of evidence-based service design
- Demonstrated experience with practice development and documentation
- In depth understanding of, and experience working within a community development approach
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to facilitate the translation of knowledge into strategic objectives
- Capacity to present service models and innovations in public forums to key stakeholders such as Government Ministers and senior public servants
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Victorian Driver’s License
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment
- Experience in developing and managing projects
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
Salary will be in the range of $86,255.17 – $90,142.55 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information about the role phone Clea Schmidt on (03) 9288 9937
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Service Development Manager - WESSI via Pro Bono Australia.