About the role
- Hands on Leadership role
- Develop dynamic, specialised teams
- Opportunities for growth
We are currently seeking a Service Leader to support the delivery of Multicap’s services across Roma. This is a permanent, full-time position. The purpose of this position is to facilitate and lead a team of Disability Support Workers, to achieve agreed quality and service outcomes, aimed at supporting and assisting persons with a disability in their living and community environment. The Service Leader will ensure service delivery is reflective of customer need, and aligned to outcomes for the individual and the organisation. Primary duties will also include:
- Managing the day to day operations of the sites, including administrative tasks
- Development and coordination of person centred plans
- Consulting with other Specialist Multicap staff on positive behaviour support plans
- Providing leadership, guidance and supports to all Support Staff, by creating a team culture which thrives on communication, collaboration, continuous improvement, training and skill development
- Promoting positive family and community relationships
- Provide support to the Service Manager for the region
- Provide hands-on support to customers, including who are on the spectrum
- Ensuring the service is managed in alignment to Multicap’s vision, strategic priorities, and legislative requirements
- Knowledge of restrictive practice and complex medical needs
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace by implementing and adhering to all WHS policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated, advanced skills in assisting customers/clients who have a disability, particularly those with complex support needs
- Experience in leading diverse teams, including well developed interpersonal and communicative skills
- Experience in coordinating and administrating the delivery of dynamic services
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a supervisory capacity of disability services
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload, and respond to emergent situations
- Knowledge of the Disability Services Act (2006), and the Disability Service Standards
- Knowledge and capacity to apply WHS principles in the workplace
- Knowledge of NDIS desirable
About the organisation
Operating for almost 60 years, Multicap is one of the most highly regarded disability service providers in Queensland and northern New South Wales offering individual and group activities, supported employment, short-term accommodation (respite), social support and much more. Our sole purpose is to ensure that the quality of life of people living with disability and their families is enhanced by our support.
At Multicap we believe everyone deserves to live life to the full. Our highly skilled and diverse team of over 900 skilled professionals are dedicated to helping our customers get the most out of life.
With each new home, social experience, activity, community hub and job, Multicap is an organisation that is here for our customers in all ways, always.
How to apply for this role
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to hold or be willing to obtain a positive notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card), Working with Children Check (Blue card) and in some circumstances National Criminal History check. You must also have NDIS Worker Orientation certificate completed and please login to https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au/ if you haven't obtained the certificate already.
Base + Salary sacrifice + Meal entertainment
Approx. $60,000 per annum + superannuation + attractive salary packaging including $15,900 packaging limit per FBT year (1 April- 31 March) and $2,550 per year for meals and entertainment expenses.
The position will close on the 24th of September 2019. Please ensure you attach a resume cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Multicap team!
Please quote in application: Service Leader - Roma via Pro Bono Australia.