About the role
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Located in Melbourne’s west, Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium-security men’s prison which provides world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria, in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role The Social Worker will be required to complete psychosocial assessments and interventions, as well as educate and consult with members of the multidisciplinary team, regarding social and systemic issues, advocating for patients’ rights and entitlements.
About you The successful candidate will have experience in undertaking social work assessments of patients within a multi-disciplinary corrections setting as well as sound knowledge of available community services and resources
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Approved degree in Social Work, or other qualifications eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Proven experience in a statutory field and a demonstrated ability to understand and interpret relevant legislation
- Experience of working within a correctional/secure environment or within mental health.
- Experience or confidence in crisis management and in defusing difficult situations
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: gym and pool access, Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For more information contact Sarah Harvey on (03) 8363 6341.
Applications close: 20th September 2019 at 11.45pm EST
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker Grade 2 via Pro Bono Australia.