About the role
3 day a week maternity leave vacancy for a qualified Grade 2 Speech Pathologist who is experienced in working with adult clients with NDIS funding. Days are flexible and there is potential to offer later appointments on a Tuesday if required. The position will be available in October 2019.
You will work with a range of other experienced professionals working with the NDIS and will be supported to expand your experience.
To be successful in this role you will have a good understanding of the NDIS, and goal-based care.
This is a maternity leave position with potential for ongoing employment if demand grows.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work in partnership with NDIS clients across a variety of ages whose goals relate primarily to communication and social skills.
- Complete complex assessments using both dynamic assessments and a range of assessment tools/frameworks.
- Develop and implement treatment/intervention plans based on clinical assessment, client centred goals and evidence based practice
- Provide best practice assessment and intervention for augmentative and alternative communication, language and social pragmatics across the life span.
- Provide assessment and management of clients presenting with dysphagia.
- Write reports for the NDIS, being able to convey assessment results in a clear and easy to understand format for readers who are not familiar with speech pathology specific terminology.
Tertiary qualifications in speech pathology and eligibility for practicing membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Demonstrated ability to
- assess individuals with complex communication needs.
- assess and implement non electronic and electronic augmentative and alternative communication with a range of client ability and ages.
- assess and implement therapy for individuals whose goals relate to social skills improvement.
- Current Working with Children Check valid for employment purposes
About the organisation
Inspiro is a not-for-profit community health service. We provide allied health, counselling, and dental services for the Yarra Ranges community from our Lilydale and Belgrave clinics and various community venues. We are a friendly and client-centred organisation committed to improving the health & wellbeing for people within our local community.
Why work at Inspiro?
Attractive salary & salary packaging
Important & engaging work
Friendly & empowered culture
Onsite car parking available
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Speech Pathologist (adults) via Pro Bono Australia.