About the role
- National charity
- Opportunity to work with people and dogs
- Work from home
We are looking for an energetic and committed self-starter to co-ordinate our Victorian Therapy Dogs Program. This role will give a highly organised individual the opportunity to demonstrate their relationship management skills and results orientation, while working closely with volunteers and their dogs, and host facilities, to promote and deliver the benefits of Therapy Animals. Location: Melbourne VIC (working from home) Duration: Full time 37.5 hours/week Remuneration: $65,000 + superannuation + opportunity to salary sacrifice Key Responsibilities: New volunteer recruitment:
- Promote volunteer recruitment and assessment days across various channels.
- Organise and attend volunteer assessment days.
- Organise, attend and present at volunteer training days.
- Ensure new volunteers are inducted into Delta successfully.
- Support new volunteers through the facility orientation process.
- Co-ordinate the visiting schedule for volunteers.
- Maintain regular and positive contact with volunteers to foster strong engagement with Delta.
- Co-ordinate ongoing training and recognition for volunteers.
- Ensure volunteers are providing regular visit reports.
- Conduct regular volunteer satisfaction reviews.
- Assist in organising teams and other logistics for fundraising and media activities as needed.
New facility recruitment:
- Promote facility recruitment across various channels.
- Convert interested facilities to sign up stage.
- Orient new facilities into the Therapy Dog program.
Host facility relationship management:
- Maintain ongoing relationships with facilities.
- Support and troubleshoot any program issues with facilities.
- Conduct regular facility satisfaction reviews.
To be successful in this position you will need to:
- Have extensive experience working with and co-ordinating volunteers.
- Experience working with health care facilities such as hospitals, aged care, disability care etc.
- Exceptional relationship management skills.
- Strong computer literacy – Microsoft Office and CRMs.
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail.
- Results oriented self-starter who enjoys achieving targets.
- Good financial management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously from home, and within a geographically dispersed national team.
- Able to work some weekends as needed.
- A love for dogs and animals, and passion for our mission.
About the organisation
Delta Society Australia is a national non-profit organisation whose mission is to promote and facilitate positive connections between people and therapy animals. The Society’s work focuses on bringing the social, physical and emotional benefits of therapy animals to people who need it most. Teams visit sick children and adults in hospitals, residents in aged care facilities, rehabilitation centres, prisons and any other facilities where building connection with a therapy animal can enhance quality of life.
How to apply for this role
Send your resume including cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries please contact Melinda on 02 9797 7922.
Please quote in application: State Program Co-ordinator – VIC via Pro Bono Australia.