About the role
Mission Australia has a new opportunity for a Supporter Stewardship Manager to join the Acquisition & Retention team, to acquire, manage and grow a portfolio of long-term, sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships with Middle Donors and Community Fundraisers through the successful implementation of tailored fundraising plans.
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Supporter Acquisition & Retention, Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Build and manage relationships with a portfolio of middle donors and community fundraisers
- Achieve financial and non-financial targets in accordance with established KPIs
- Develop and implement an engagement strategy, account plans, and communications plans
- Secure and sustain financial support from existing and new Middle Donors and Community Fundraisers.
- Conduct regular review and analysis of middle donor and community fundraiser portfolios
- Engage key external & internal stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Support broader organisation fundraising and marketing events and activities
- Maintain all account base information regarding community fundraisers, supporters and prospects
- Manage campaign communications to audiences through various sources
Requirements for Success
- Confident customer service and sales professional with relevant tertiary qualifications
- 1-2 years’ experience in a relationship sales or customer service role with strong communication
- High emotional intelligence
- Experience managing successful campaigns into market across direct mail, email, phone, social media
- A team player with strong work ethic, a positive attitude with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and build long standing relationships with people of all backgrounds
- Experience in fundraising and marketing, sales or public relations
- Experience in negotiating and networking with individuals and/or senior executives
- Innovative approach with a creative flare for trial and error
- Well-presented with impeccable attention to detail and timing/timelines
- Accountable, with good financial acumen, analytical and interpretive skills
- Sound knowledge of fundraising standards, principles, policies and procedures
- A valid driver’s licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
About the organisation
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Supporter Stewardship Manager via Pro Bono Australia.