About the role
We have an opportunity for a Team Leader Children’s Services to join our Community Services team. The position is 38 hours per week (part time applications will be considered) in a team of staff with a desire to support women and children experiencing homelessness and/or family violence. You will be supported by a committed, collaborative team with an emphasis on a family focus framework.
A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or equivalent is required.
Ideally, applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in individualised case support and family centred practice.
• Ability to provide therapeutic support to infants and children.
• Ability to provide parenting support to mothers.
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a broader team delivering outcomes.
• Knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008, Child Safe Standards and the Common Risk Assessment Framework.
• A sound understanding of family violence and the effects it has on women and children.
• High level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
We provide excellent support and growth opportunities through coaching and training with a focus on developing your professional competence in accordance with our Direct Practice Competency Framework. We strive towards being a great place to work and offer:
• The option to work for an accrued day off
• Ability to purchase extra annual leave
• Access to EAP
• Flexible working arrangements
About the organisation
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to creating a world that enables women and children to participate in society on their own terms through innovative services, advocacy and a caring community so poverty and homelessness can be eradicated.
How to apply for this role
Only applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria will be considered. For a copy of the position description and KSC email Julia at email@example.com
For further information about this role please contact Linda on 9263 8900.
Applications close 5pm on 23rd of September 2019 and should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOSPITALITY COMPASSION JUSTICE COMMUNITY
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We uphold the Victorian Child Safe Standards. Only candidates identifying as female need apply.
Please quote in application: Team Leader- Children's Program via Pro Bono Australia.