About the role
We have an opportunity for a Team Leader Children’s Services to join our Community Services team. The position is 38 hours per week (part time applications will be considered) in a team of staff with a desire to support women and children experiencing homelessness and/or family violence. You will be supported by a committed, collaborative team with an emphasis on a family focus framework.
A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or equivalent is required.
Ideally, applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in individualised case support and family centred practice.
• Ability to provide therapeutic support to infants and children.
• Ability to provide parenting support to mothers.
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a broader team delivering outcomes.
• Knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008, Child Safe Standards and the Common Risk Assessment Framework.
• A sound understanding of family violence and the effects it has on women and children.
• High level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
We provide excellent support and growth opportunities through coaching and training with a focus on developing your professional competence in accordance with our Direct Practice Competency Framework. We strive towards being a great place to work and offer:
• The option to work for an accrued day off
• Ability to purchase extra annual leave
• Access to EAP
• Flexible working arrangements
About the organisation
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to creating a world that enables women and children to participate in society on their own terms through innovative services, advocacy and a caring community so poverty and homelessness can be eradicated.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader- Children's Program via Pro Bono Australia.