About the role
- Pivotal Coordination role in our flagship Learning for Life program with a focus on supporting students engaged in higher education pathways.
- Make a genuine difference to the lives of some of Australia’s most disadvantaged young people and their families.
- Role will be based in Melbourne, VIC.
- Permanent Full Time
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. Working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will manage and deliver one of our most valuable programs – Learning for Life.
The role of Tertiary Coordinator will be varied and incredibly rewarding as you support students through their tertiary education and help them improve their educational outcomes. The role will involve working with a broad range of stakeholders including University Partners, Corporate partners, Community organisations and volunteers. You will also be responsible for reporting and tracking the progress and attendance of the students. You will need developed administrative skills to assist you with data entry, tracking of performance targets and report writing. You are a strong team player who seeks to develop their practice to provide stronger supports for Learning for Life Tertiary scholarship families.
A day in the life of a Tertiary Coordinator might look like this, but every day can be different:
- Administer and implement The Smith Family’s Tertiary Scholarship Scheme.
- Provide direct support to students who are accessing Higher Education to assist with their ongoing attendance and completion of study.
- Develop and maintain strong external relationships with appropriate staff at Higher Education Institutions and other key agencies who could provide supports for these students.
- Provide program support as required to assist students in their transition from study to work. This could be engaging a career mentor, working with a corporate partner to deliver networking opportunities or even supporting a student to access a paid cadetship.
- Ensuring excellent database management and administration support for scholarship students.
- Sourcing students and families for a media opportunity.
- Collaborate with team members to continuously improve practice.
It takes a special kind of person to be one of our Tertiary Coordinators. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- A genuine care about supporting the educational outcomes of young people.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining partnerships and relationship development.
- Strong skills in communication, collaboration and empathy even in sometimes trying circumstances.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to maintain accurate data.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities without letting anything slip.
- A drive to continually develop practice and innovate to achieve strong outcomes.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Tertiary Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.