About the role
The position holder works collaboratively with the Fundraising, and Marketing and Communications teams to develop and implement a strategy that will achieve income targets and create new business opportunities for the Foundation.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Undertake market research to identify new donors to match funding priorities and the strategic direction of the Foundation.
- Analyse data regarding donor focus and funding criteria.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Team to implement communication and brand guidelines to build brand awareness and engagements with donors.
- Assist and represent the Trusts and Foundations Manager at donor recognition and engagement events.
- Use the grants calendar to maximise the number of funding applications being made and achieve significant increases to income.
- Understand the Foundation’s programs and fundraising strategies in order to build frameworks for partnership agreements.
- Develop compelling grant applications, proposals and impact reports.
- Provide professional, high quality relationship management to key stakeholders such as clinicians, hospital staff and trusts and foundations, ensuring requests, opportunities and issues are responded to efficiently.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of partnership commitments such as reporting, receipting, invoicing and donor events.
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional written skills and the ability to develop, monitor and evaluate the success of business proposals.
- Sound experience in not-for-profit fundraising and partnership development.
- Successful track record in executing marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Strong relationship, networking and communication skills and proven ability to develop productive, results-focused relationships.
- Demonstrated partnership development skills and ability to identify and secure new prospects.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate, be persuasive, develop trust and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
What we can offer:
- Westmead location
- Opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and see the impact of your work.
- A supportive workplace, with access to professional development opportunities.
- The chance to learn from and work with a team of highly skilled and passionate fundraisers.
- Immediate start available
- Attractive NFP salary packaging benefit
About the organisation
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation has a vision to ensure that every child – now and in the future – can access world-class medical care whenever they need it. The Foundation raises vital funds for Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, which incorporates The Children's Hospital at Westmead, Bear Cottage, the Newborn and Paediatric Emergency Transport Service (NETS NSW), Kids Research and other children’s services.
How to apply for this role
How to apply:
Please follow these instructions to help us to properly review your application.
Please email us at email@example.com with the name of the position you are applying for as the subject, and include three attachments in your email:
A cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
A statement demonstrating how you meet each of the selection criteria in the position profile.
A copy of your resume/CV, including listing the details for two referees (note that we don’t contact any referees unless we have interviewed you first).
You can apply today – we are accepting applications up until Friday 18 October 2019. Please apply as soon as possible as we will be shortlisting for this position soon, and may remove this ad prior to the closing date.
The successful candidate must have the legal right to work in Australia and will be required to undertake a criminal record check before commencing employment. Recruiters, please note, at this time we are not accepting unsolicited CV’s from agencies.
Please quote in application: Trusts and Foundations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.