About the role
This newly created role will help us successfully source and manage private grants to fund projects developed and/or managed by Diabetes NSW & ACT and Diabetes Queensland to help people living with diabetes. Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the role is based in our Glebe head office.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Researching and developing our grants pipeline, and writing compelling grant submissions to secure funding. Identify new grant opportunities and manage existing opportunities from private sources including trusts, foundations and private ancillary funds
- Develop and maintain productive professional relationships with external funders, and internal stakeholders across the Sydney and Brisbane offices.
- Undertake all grant administration duties including developing and maintaining a grants calendar, reporting, acknowledgements, following up acquittals and keeping accurate records
- Sharing information, expertise and opportunities with the fundraising team to ensure overarching fundraising targets are met
- Proven success in a similar role raising significant amounts of funding through private grants
- High level stakeholder management and relationship management skills, including influencing across departments and managing high value relationships
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including writing applications, articles and reports for an external audience
- Experience turning internal evaluations, stakeholder interviews and raw data into compelling reports that clearly demonstrate the impact of the organisation’s work
What can we offer you?
- Salary packaging benefits, up to $15,900 per annum to maximise your take home pay
- An extra day of leave on your birthday!
- A central location, close to transport networks
- Access to a professional development budget
About the organisation
With 80 years of expertise, Diabetes NSW & ACT is at the forefront of tackling isolation, campaigning, advocating and caring for people living with diabetes. We deliver events to help families through the often traumatising experience of having a child diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, campaigns to increase public knowledge of the signs and symptoms of diabetes and remote psychological care to help adults living with this relentless condition.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Trusts and Foundations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.