About the role
The Youth Vocational Specialist role requires extensive knowledge, expertise and leadership experience in the career development or disability employment sector, with a demonstrated understanding of youth mental health. The focus of the position is to lead the implementation of Individual Placement and Support (IPS) programs within the Orygen clinical programs.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Primary Clinical Services, this exciting new role will provide vocational leadership to clinical staff within the clinical programs and actively develop partnerships with a wide range of external organisations to enhance vocational outcomes for young people. This will include extensive contact with employers, training providers, educational institutions, community service organisations and other health professionals.
The Youth Vocational Team Leader will:
- Undertake project management of the funded vocational programs including planning and reporting, including data management.
- Establish and support the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) vocational program.
- Lead evaluation, reporting and fidelity as required for the IPS program.
- Provide specialised individual career development services that support young people to gain employment.
- Cold call and market the vocational program and young people looking for work to a broad range of employers.
- Develop and deliver training workshops to clinical staff, community groups and other organisations that promote vocational recovery.
- Provide support and education to employers in how to best support young people in the workplace and develop further opportunities for ongoing work placements.
- Develop partnerships with external organisations that increase access to vocational opportunities for young people of the service.
- Complete Individual Placement and Support (IPS) and vocational recovery training as directed by the functional recovery unit.
About the organisation
Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health (Orygen) is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. Further information available at https://www.orygen.org.au/About/About-Us
headspace is a world-first youth mental health initiative that supports young people who are going through a tough time; whether it’s depression, anxiety, relationship break-ups or alcohol and other drug issues. The youth-friendly services at headspace are aimed at teenagers and young adults in recognition of the fact that 75 percent of mental disorders emerge before the age of 25 years. Further information available at https://headspace.org.au/about-us/who-we-are/
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Vocational Team Leader – headspace Sunshine via Pro Bono Australia.