About the role
Australian Federation of AIDS Organisation is the national federation for the HIV community response in Australia. AFAO works to end HIV transmission and reduce its impact on communities in Australia, Asia and the Pacific.
The member organisations represent the diverse communities most affected by HIV – lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intesex communities, sex workers, people who inject drugs, people with HIV and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
AFAO’s close connection with communities, provides rapid intelligence on changes in Australia’s HIV epidemic, allowing the Federation to respond quickly, and to act as a trusted communication channel to government, research and clinical partners.
Benefits & Culture
- Attractive salary packaging
- Close to public transport
- Opportunity to grow into the role and undertake more responsibilities
- Work with a progressive, open minded and inclusive team
In this full time position you will be responsible for providing support including, but not limited to finance, administration, and human resources, including the requirements of AFAO’s international projects. You will report directly to the Manager, Business Operations. You responsibilities will include:
- Account payables & receivables functions
- Reconciliations of bank accounts
- Manage international funds transfers
- Undertake payroll functions
- Assist Manager on preparation of budgets, annual reports and grants acquittals
- Coordinate travel requirements, coordinate building and equipment maintenance
You have good understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting, reconciliations, payroll management and preparedness to learn more complex functions. You also have an understanding of and commitment to AFAO’s values and your experience will include:
- Post-secondary qualification in accounting or business administration
- High degree of confidentiality, excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Experience with the accounting system XERO
- Exposure to online banking including overseas transfers
If you want to provide high quality accounting and administration support to Australia’s national peak HIV organisation, please contact Amelia Da Mota or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 or submit a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume quoting reference #205922.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Accounts and Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.