About the role
St John Ambulance Australia (VIC) has served the community for over 135 years. We work for the service of humanity, existing to help those who are in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
We have many community projects at St John that we are passionate about, all of which are funded through our commercial operations such as First Aid Training and Products, Transport Services and Event First Aid.
Due to considerable growth in our business and service offerings, and exciting opportunity is available for an experienced Business Development Executive (BDE). This position is vital to support the funding of our community initiatives through the generation of new business opportunities and strategic partnerships with new and existing clients across our St John first aid training, products and services brand.
Suited to a “go getter” with a “sense of urgency” who is ambitious, eager to succeed and looking for the next step in their career. This role is a great opportunity for a seasoned sales professional with a proven history in new business development and account management to make this role their own.
Essential Skills and Attributes (Selection Criteria)
- Demonstrated high volume, new business development/sales experience within a commercial corporate business.
- Proven experience selling B2B on the phone and face-to-face.
- Strong sales management process skills.
- A proven track record managing and growing existing accounts.
- Experience in managing contracts and agreements.
- Excellent verbal and written skills when communicating with clients.
- Tenacious, influential and proactive with the ability to ask for the sale.
- Strong sales administration and Microsoft Office skills.
- Poised with professional presentation.
St John offers a variety of benefits including tax free salary packaging options, wellness programs, free breakfast and fruit at branch, discount cards, career development and training, leadership programs, staff excellence awards/recognition programs and an active social club.
Please apply by attaching your current Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria and follow the link below. Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
St John Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as an organisation that regularly works with children, St John believes that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Business Development Executive via Pro Bono Australia.