About the role
This is an existing role in an established team. As the Case Manager in Kinship Care your main role will be effective case management for young people residing in Kinship care placements. The role is .8, 4 days per week making it great for people looking for that work life balance.
The purpose of the position is to improve outcomes for children and young people by delivering services and program outcomes through the support, supervision, and development of clients in the Kinship care program. Linking to community-based services, support of carers, promoting positive relationships, engaging, listening and supporting children and young people 0-18 years in Kinship placements to deal with their issues, building positive relationships and engaging in activities to enhance resilience and self-esteem.
- Case management for carers and children
- Assessment and placement plans
- Support carers around the complexities in relation to family access
- Supporting children in care
- Promote positive relationships in family systems
- Ensure relevant paperwork and administrative work is up to standard for reporting
Required Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Experience in a similar role, out of home care, foster care, kinship is highly desired
- Current driving license (essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of kinship care and the issues effecting carers and children
- 12-month contract
- 4 days per week .8 role
- The opportunity to learn and develop within an experienced team
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A brand new office with fabulous facilities to work from
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A Collaborative and cohesive working culture
About the organisation
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. This is achieved through collaboration. We provide solutions that improve outcomes for our clients. Our approach is strategic and agile as well as being systemic and forward thinking.
As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.