About the role
This is an existing role in an established team. As the Case Manager for foster care your main role will be effective case management optimising the potential for reunification, but your role will also encompass supervision and support of carers. The role is paying SCHCADS level 5 and is permanent. The purpose of the position is to improve outcomes for children and young people by delivering services and program outcomes through the support, supervision, and development of clients in the Foster Care program.
Oz Child is part of the ACTTogether consortium in the ACT and is considered to be one of the longest serving children and families charity in Australia.
Who we are looking for:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology with experience of training and assessment and foster carers
- Experience working with children in out of home care
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role, out of home care, foster care, kinship
- Current driving license (essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of foster care
- Permanent contract
- Unique training and professional development journey
- Level 5 on the SCHCADS award, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
Candidates are required to undertake a WWCC before commencement
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples’ cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
About the organisation
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. This is achieved through collaboration. We provide solutions that improve outcomes for our clients. Our approach is strategic and agile as well as being systemic and forward thinking.
As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager, Foster Care via Pro Bono Australia.